- 2023 Classes
- Intro to Fair Isle Knitting
Intro to Fair Isle Knitting
Instructor: Lisa Ellis
Required Skills: Advanced beginner. Must be able to work in the round and have completed 1 hat.
Class Description: Fair Isle is a form of colorworks that uses 2 colors per round and uses small motifs of 5 sts or less. For those scared of puckers, charts and Fair Isle terminology (trapping floats, color dominance), this is the ideal class for you. We’ll break everything down, practicing each snippet of this awesome world of color. This class will take the fear out of color knitting.
Student Should Bring to Class:
- 50 yds Main color worsted weight yarn
- 50 yds Contrasting color worsted weight yarn
- 25 yds Highlight color worsted weight yarn
- Size 4 and 6, 16” circular needle
Time: 9:30 to 12:30